The term Florence London or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website. The term "you" refers to the user of our website and the purchaser, customer and consumer of our product. The product refers to any item for sale on www.florence-london.com.
What information do we collect?
- When you make an order through our website, we will ask you for necessary information used to complete that order: Your name, telephone number, billing address, postal address, payment details such as a credit card, PayPal or debit card details and the time and date of the order.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfil the gift purchase.
- Should you partake in an online survey we may ask you for your age, gender, email address and address.
- If you choose to sign up to our newsletter we will ask you for your email address.
- Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with basic information, you will not be able to purchase any item on our site.
- Please note that you may visit our site anonymously by browsing privately via editing the settings in your browser.
Why do we collect information?
- We strive to offer you a brilliant service when purchasing or browsing our jewellery. We collect information to personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
How do we use your information?
- If you have elected to provide us with your contact information e.g by signing up to our newsletter, placing and order, taking a survey or entering a competition, we may provide you with service related announcements relating to Florence London Ltd.
- Should we have a question about your order such as specific sizing, your personalisation choice or a query about an inaccurate address, we may contact you via email or telephone. Generally, we should not need to do this should you have filled out required fields correctly.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic marketing e-mails, surveys and marketing updates. If you would no longer like to receive promotional marketing from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below.
- If you have opted in to our marketing, we may also send a direct-mail to your address informing you of new products and services relating directly to Florence London Ltd.
- Marketing material directed at you may have been influenced by: what you have previously purchased, emails you have previously received or your chosen response to a survey or competition.
- We may use the information gathered by you when placing an order to influence future marketing. For example, the general location of your address may be analysed to target sales marketing in your area. This type of activity will not target you directly.
- If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content (not currently available) will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- We may collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of the Site, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular and date provided by Google Analytics.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Florence London Ltd. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses such as presentations and pitches.
How do we protect your information?
- The information you provide to us to place your order will be stored securely by the Data Controller at Florence London Ltd.
- The information you provide to us to place your order will also be securely stored on our website host provider for up to 5 years.
- The email address that you provided to sign up to our newsletter will be securely stored by our email provider.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
- Fraud Protection and Compliance with Law
- We may disclose any information deemed necessary, including personally identifiable information, at our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organisations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
- Service Providers
- Business Transfers
- As we continue to develop our business, we might sell certain off our assets or sell the company. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information on the Florence London Ltd. Site you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.
Transfer of Data to Other Countries
- The Group Companies such as Courier companies (e.g Royal Mail, DHL, Fedex) who will receive your information and the databases in which your personally identifiable information may be stored (e.g Weebly) may be located both inside and outside the United Kingdom ("UK") and the European Union ("EU"). By providing personally identifiable information to this Florence London Ltd., you acknowledge and accept that the Group Company or third party which receives your personally identifiable information may be located within a state or country which does not guarantee the same level of protection for personally identifiable information as the one in which you reside.
Cookies, IP Addresses, Pixel Tags & Tracking Technology
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors, such as Google.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- We may also use IP addresses to analyse trends, look at traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
- When you visit this Florence London Ltd. Site or view one of our emails, we may use pixel tags/tracking links and/or similar technology to note pages that you visit and action you take. We may also use this information for aggregate purposes.
- Pixel tags and tracking links are lines of code embedded on various pages of our Site. The data collected by our use of pixel tags is anonymous, so we cannot find out anything about you apart from the page you have viewed on our own site.
- We may use pixel tags in order to provide you with targeted re-marketing advertisements through the use of technology. The pixel tags that we place on the Site are used by the re-marketing software platforms in combination with a cookie that is set on your computer to track customer browsing habits and provide you with more relevant advertising based on this browsing. The aim of this is to better target interactive advertising and to improve the online experience for our customers.
Use of Aggregate Information
We may use the information you provide in aggregate (non-personally identifiable) form for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing products and marketing plans. We may collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of the Site, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular. We may share or transfer non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees and partners.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
You may opt out of receiving future Opt-In communications when you register at this Site or otherwise provide your contact information to us. You may change your preferences at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each Opt-In Communication email you receive.
Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Copyright Florence London Ltd. 2018. All worldwide rights reserved.